Sunday, May 2, 2010

Something About Jesus

MY UGLYDOROTHY is anything but ugly. That’s just a fact. Don’t believe me? Check their Flickr page. Heck, go to their store and check the lines for their lucky boards. MY UGLYDOROTHY is a big deal and Sopha Portal should definitely be proud of herself. Now, as a fan of MY UGLYDOROTHY (I use Lillbe(Y) for one of my rp characters…yes….I roleplay on SL…my geekdom has hit a new low), I had to try out Sopha Portal’s new ‘Vienna’ skin. I just had to, I’m sorry! When you’re a fangirl, it’s about commitment – fo realz. And when I tried out Vienna, I was pleasantly surprised.

Now, I like MY UGLYDOROTHY, but it doesn’t mean I like everything that’s there. For instance: Nina looks terrible on my av. Just absolutely horrid. I try demos for it every time I go to the store, thinking ‘oh maybe this time’. Yeah-no, it’s never time. I’m also freaked out by Magaret (1, not 2), which I bought without trying on a demo. I mean, the skin’s not terrible…just….wouldn’t want to meet it in a dark alley (#justsayin). But anyway, when I put on Vienna, I was pleasantly surprised. It looks cute, realistic, not to mention it looks normal. It doesn’t make avs look like some Swedish supermodel (in my opinion – don’t quote me on that). To me, it looks like the girl next door. A nice change because I doubt all of you look like a LAQ or L.Fauna skin in real life. I mean, I’m sure some do, but let’s face it – everyone is different! It’s nice to see a skin that is cute, looks good on my av, and embraces that.

The only problem I had with this skin is that it’s redder than I thought it would be. Blair can attest to my asking if I looked sunburnt (if you think I do, keep it to yo damn self xthxbai). Other than that, this skin is adorable. It’s perfect for an average style. Sopha’s detailing is awesome and I’m either impressed or in awe. I’m also kind of grossed out that she has that much time on her hands to make skins like this, but then again – I’m blogging about imaginary fashion. And you’re reading about imaginary fashion. Erm….we all need to either be committed or celebrated for our geekdom. There’s really nothing geekier than us. Not sure if it’s a compliment, but take it cause it’s the best you’re gonna get.

My last words: Miracle Whip is 100x better than Mayonnaise. Definitely made my egg salad taste like heaven. Oh, wrong review? Cute skin, buy it. Now, get me a sandwich! Don’t make me get up – you won’t like that. I won’t either.


----

Outfit 1:

Hair: >TRUTH< - Tia (toffee)

Eyes: Tres Blah - Blue Eyes

Skin: *MY UGLYDOROTHY - Vienna (L-09)

Jumper: Doppelganger, Inc. - Amelia Romper (Yellow)

Jacket: !Ohmai - Basics Pocket Cardigan (Chilli)

Tights: [twee] - rose tights

Shoes: >TRUTH< - Mina Flats (limoncello)


Outfit 2:

Hair: >TRUTH< - Tia (toffee)

Eyes: Tres Blah - Blue Eyes

Skin: *MY UGLYDOROTHY - Vienna (L-02)

Jumper: K&CO - Romper Stomper (Strawberry Fields)

Bandaid: Reek - Bandaids (Plain - Right Leg)

Shoes: [SC] Surf Couture - Shoelace Sandals (White)



Outfit 3:

Hair: >TRUTH< - Tia (toffee)

Skin: *MY UGLYDOROTHY - Vienna (L-01)

Eyes: Tres Blah - Blue Eyes

Dress: [SC] Surf Couture - Sway Sundress (Robin's Egg)

Bandaid: Reek - Bandaids (Plain - Right Leg)

Shoes: [SC] Surf Couture - Shoelace Sandals (White)

No comments:

Post a Comment