Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lemme Eat Yo BRAIIIINNNNZZZZ


I really hadn’t planned on writing anything today. After a weekend of beach camping with the family and fighting off the worst head cold in the history of everything ever (I may be being dramatic – don’t quote me), I figured I could take a few pics, post what I was wearing, and be done. Oh – no, can’t do that now. Not since Keiko Morigi announced her store opening. Once that notice hit my viewer, I was there lickity split to pick up my copy of the new &bean Hounds of Love skin. I even got to talk to Keiko herself a little bit (Nice lady, might I add) because I was there so freaking fast.



There is a part of me that dies a little everytime I see this skin. Not because I hate it. No, I love everything &bean does. I’m a &bean fangirl! It’s just different from the group gift Keiko gave us earlier. The nose, while adorably designed, isn’t the same nose I fell in love with on the gift. That’s not a big problem though. It still looks adorable enough to eat (like Natalie Portman!) but a bigger issue for me is the eye makeup on some of the skin makeups.



This is more of a personal issue, so it should really be taken lightly in your own decision-making, but I don’t like to wear prim lashes. It’s just one more thing I need to edit before leaving my house. Yeah, extra time spent away from shopping and friends? No thanks. Editting hair takes long enough in my opinion. But a lot of these skin makeups are pretty drastic, over the top, couture-ish (to me), perfect for costumes/roleplay, and look kinda silly without prim lashes. Again that’s my own opinion, so take it lightly. I probably wont wear a lot of these skin makeups for that reason, but there are others that are awesome. My favorite for one is the Lamm makeup, but I also adore the look and feel of Korp, Rav, and Hjort. Either way, Keiko did a great job putting all her effort into this line and &bean still remains one of my top skin stores.

My final words: Sorry that ended oddly. As I said at the beginning, I really hadn’t planned on writing anything today. But for my final words on &bean’s new Hounds of Love line? Definitely demo it. Buy it if it fits you, but demo it. Demo them all! And don’t forget to stop off and pick up Keiko’s little 50L gift at the store! Did I mention the gift! Oh yes! There’s a gift! Only 50L too!

----


Outfit:

Skin: &bean - Hounds of Love (Lamm - 1 brow)

Hair: >TRUTH< - Tia (honey)

Eyes: !tb (Tres Blah) - Blue Eyes

Dress: Tiny Bird - St Augustine Dress (White)

Location: (Elate!) - Summer Beach Cottage In-World Demo


No comments:

Post a Comment